Re: [Xen-users] extra = "mem=1024" and maxmem

Denny,

You should be able to specify both memory and maxmem (with no extra option) to allow you to change the size of memory on the fly. If you don't plan to use this, that's okay. However, I was curious if it wasn't working.

On May 16, 2007, at 4:02 AM, Petersson, Mats wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Denny Schierz
Sent: 16 May 2007 11:38
To: 'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] extra = "mem=1024" and maxmem

Hi Jayson,

Jayson Vantuyl schrieb:
There are really three options.

'extra= "mem=1024"' tells the kernel inside of the domain
that it only
has a 1GB of memory.  This is really not the way to do
this.  Instead
use memory=1024.

ok, i discovered it for my self. :-) I knew it already, how could i
manage the memory in a cool way, but it seems, that there are
some minor
differents between 3.0.3 and 3.0.4.

There's probably differences in many ways between 3.0.3 and 3.0.4, and
how maxmem is dealt with may be different, but the maxmem config option
has been in Xen for a VERY long time (long before 3.0.3).

I have Xen 3.0.3 running (etch version) and i have to use
extra="mem=1024M" do get it working. If you have 3.0.4, so you have to
use maxmem="1024" (note the missing >>M<<).

Otherwise it wasn't working for me.

Describe what wasn't working, please.

--
Mats