RE: [Xen-users] xend fails to start on a Fedora-based distro

To: "john maclean" <jayeola@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xend fails to start on a Fedora-based distro
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 17:53:19 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:52:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Check with "ps ax|grep xenstore" if you have a "xenstored". If not,
that's a problem - why that is is a different question. Check
"/var/log/xen/xend.log" to see if it's got any errors in it.

> I added xend to services to start at boot with `/sbin/chkconfig --add
> xend` and all seemed to be OK. What gives? How can I track down this
> erroe in the source code? Is there a file or table that will tell me
> what this code and error mean?

Which error code? If you mean 2966, then that's the process ID of
"blktapctrl", which isn't particularly meaningfull as it changes each
time you restart xend (or each start of blktapctrl at least, not sure if
it's restarted with xend or not).

--
Mats