Re: [Xen-users] Resizing File Based DomU

To: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Resizing File Based DomU
From: Lars Stavholm <stava@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:20:11 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jonny <jonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:49:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Jonny wrote:
>> I am trying to resize a file based guest DomU while it is shut down.
>> It seems that all the information that I can find relates to resizing
>> ext3 file systems and there in no information (that works) on Reiserfs.

That's probably because these days ext3 has all the resizing
capabilities that only reiserfs had before. We've used ext3
for a year now, and we've had no problems whatsoever. Enlargening
a mounted filesystem works like a charm, even shrinking works well
(haven't tried it on a mounted filesystem though).
/L