RE: [Xen-users] Minimal ram to use on Dom0

To: "carlopmart" <carlopmart@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Minimal ram to use on Dom0
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:20:15 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:19:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dom0 should be fine with 256MB.

The other guests is pretty much up to you, because it depends on what
they are used for. The numbers you've given seem reasonable, but
ultimately, you have to "try and see". The memory usage in the guest is
so dependant on what you do within the guest that it's impossible to say
if 128MB or 4GB is the right amount of memory just based on what OS
you're going to run... A firewall may well fit in 64MB if you have a
stripped down version of OS to install. On the other hand, a
MySQL-server for web-serving that supports 4000 concurrent users may
want 4GB (or more!)...

--
Mats