Re: [Xen-users] advanced bridging...

To: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] advanced bridging...
From: Geert Janssens <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 10:03:29 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 May 2007 01:02:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I never thought of that myself. I will try to
figure this out early next week, when I have access to the servers again.

My distribution is CentOS 5, maybe you can tell me where I should start
looking.

On the other hand, if you could help me with the PCI passthrough problem, I
would still prefer that solution. I sent my question last week to this list
with message title "PCI Passthrough not working" dated 25-04-07.

Regards,

Geert

On Sunday 6 May 2007 00:36, Goetz Bock wrote:
> On Sat, May 05 '07 at 16:19, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > I would like to setup a system with two physical NICs (peth0 and
> > peth1), where the firewall runs in domU.
> > P.S. in an earlier attempt I tried to eliminate the second bridge
> > altogether by assigning peth1 directly to the domU with PCI back.
> > Unfortunatly, I can't seem to get PCI back working correctly on my
> > system, so I'd like to try this alternative approach.
>
> I just wanted to suggest to use a "driver domain" with PCI passthrough,
> but if that does not work for you, why don't you simply build the bridge
> manualy? Not using the xen scripts, like e.g. debian does it.
>
> Simply create a bridge named xen-br1 including the eth1 (don't let xen
> rename it to peth1). And simply not configure the bridge on the dom0?
>
> As you don't mention your distribution, I've no idea what scripts you
> need to tweek.
> --
> /"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
> \ /       (c) 2007 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de
>  X   [ 1. Use descriptive subjects - 2. Edit a reply for brevity -  ]
> / \  [ 3. Reply to the list - 4. Read the archive *before* you post ]

Kobalt W.I.T.
Web & Information Technology
Brusselsesteenweg 152
1850 Grimbergen