[Xen-users] Status of frequency scaling

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Status of frequency scaling
From: Stephan Seitz <nur-ab-sal@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:24:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:23:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I would like to know the status of the frequency scaling in XEN. I found a web site saying that XEN doesn’t work with frequency scaling, at the other hand I found some fixes for powernow-k8 to get rid of some messages.

I have an AMD64. powerno-k8 works find with non-XEN kernels, but with XEN-kernels I get the error:

powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+ processors (version
2.00.00)
powernow-k8: BIOS error - no PSB or ACPI _PSS objects

This is normally a BIOS error and a BIOS update can fix it, but it works for me with non-XEN kernels, so in my case it can’t be a BIOS problem.

So any information is welcome. Thanks!

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--