[Xen-users] Problems with xm after installing new version of ubuntu - di

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems with xm after installing new version of ubuntu - different python version?
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:25:56 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 02:25:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

            I’ve installed the new version of Ubuntu, which I use in Dom0 – I upgraded from Edgy (6.10) to Feisty (7.04) and now every time I try to start the command “xm”, I always get the same – following - error message

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/sbin/xm", line 8, in <module>

    from xen.xm import main

  File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xm/main.py", line 51, in <module>

    from xen.util import security

  File "/usr/lib/python/xen/util/security.py", line 25, in <module>

    from xen.lowlevel import acm

ImportError: /usr/lib/python/xen/lowlevel/acm.so: undefined symbol: Py_InitModule4

            I think, this could be somehow connected with the fact there has been installed new version of python to the system – 2.5. There is still installed also the version 2.4, but – maybe xen python files use now the version 2.5 as the default, which could be the problam. Can I tell somehow to xen to use the older python version? Where is written whihc python interpret should be used for the xen scripts execution?

            Thanx in advance for any help or information about it...

                        Archie