RE: [Xen-users] booting domU from DVD

To: "Glenn Davy" <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] booting domU from DVD
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:33:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:33:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Although I've used "...,hdc:cdrom,r", I have managed to get Windows
Vista from a UDF to boot/install without a problem [although it requires
a reasonably recent version of Xen unstable/3.0.5 RCx to work on AMD
processor].

I'd guess that the other problem is that you're trying to export a
PARTITION rather than a DISK to the guest - it needs to see a disk, so
your "/dev/sda1,sda1,w" should be "/dev/sda1,sda,w" [or per haps hda
instead of sda, as I'm not sure if SCSI disks work for ioemulation].

--
Mats