RE: [Xen-users] How to change the scheduler? (credit)

To: burke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rodrigo Lord" <lord.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] How to change the scheduler? (credit)
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:05:44 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:04:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I expect it says that it doesn't know what "sched-credit" means, rather
than other forms of "doesn't work", right [although 3.0.2's error
messages weren't always particularly clear - xm is still not EXCELLENT,
but it was much worse a while back].

> > But if I try "xm sched-sedf -l" it works!
> > I think that the scheduler is not changing correctly!
> >
> > Any suggestion?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I don't think the credit scheduler was available in 3.0.2.
> Someone correct
> me if I'm wrong. I would suggest upgrading to 3.0.4 and
> trying it there.

Ryan is correct, credit scheduler was introduced in changeset 10168,
which is about 600 changesets after 3.0.2, and about 1500 changesets
before 3.0.3. So you'll need 3.0.3, but I would suggest that whilst you
are upgrading, that you take the whole step to 3.0.4, as 3.0.4 has a
whole heap of other improvements. The credit scheduler is, since
changeset 10456, the default scheduler.

--
Mats