[Xen-users] Re: Initiator crashes

I think I have found the reason for this:

The setup runs just fine until I set the xen dom0 to only use one of the four CPUs in my machine (actually 2 HT CPUs).

So with
(dom0-cpus 0)
in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
this works. The while-loop actually ran fine for 2 days straight.

With
(dom0-cpus 1)
it crashes as described within a few minutes.

I will cc this to the xen-list.
Full thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/open-iscsi/browse_thread/thread/495b17fa2ab52e3c/8acf2cc82a384646?lnk=gst&q=crashes&rnum=8

I'll be happy to supply additional information when needed.

Regards
Dominik

Dominik Klein schrieb:
Recompile open-iscsi with

make clean
make DEBUG_SCSI=1 DEBUG_TCP=1

We might get lucky and see something in the trace. I would also try to
do some of the things Ming listed.
I did this but it does not seem to produce any more output!?
I checked the ttys and all files in /var/log
Where is the debug output supposed to be displayed?

Okay, actually
make DEBUG_SCSI=1 DEBUG_TCP=1
and
make DEBUG_SCSI=1 DEBUG_TCP=1 install (not just make install)
was necessary.
I attached the output in a compressed file.

Here's what I did:

linux:~ # uname -a
Linux ACD-xen01 2.6.16.33-xen #1 SMP Tue Apr 3 10:29:14 CEST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
linux:/mnt # df -h
Dateisystem          Größe Benut  Verf Ben% Eingehängt auf
/dev/sda3             9,9G  7,4G  2,0G  80% /
udev                  257M  204K  256M   1% /dev
/dev/sda4              22G  6,9G   14G  35% /home
/dev/sdb1              20G  173M   19G   1% /mnt
linux:/mnt # ls -la
insgesamt 24
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root  4096  3. Apr 11:36 ./
drwxr-xr-x 22 root root  4096  3. Apr 10:44 ../
drwx------  2 root root 16384 30. Mär 16:27 lost+found/
linux:/mnt # logger dk teststart
linux:/mnt # while :
 > do
 > dd if=/dev/zero of=largefile bs=1024k count=2000
 > sleep 5
 > logger dk loop done
 > done

The end of the log files is when the machine actually "stalled". It was not reachable via ssh, all ttys are dead, no keypress recognized. But still (as I wrote earlier), it was pingable.