[Xen-users] /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge: line 62: ip: command not fo

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge: line 62: ip: command not found
From: "Friedrich Nietzsche" <lernaian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:32:24 +0200
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 02:31:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I try to bring up xend but get this error in the xend-debug.log

/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge: line 62: ip: command not found

Link veth0 is missing.
This may be because you have reached the limit of the number of interfaces
that the loopback driver supports.  If the loopback driver is a module, you
may raise this limit by passing it as a parameter (nloopbacks=<N>); if the
driver is compiled statically into the kernel, then you may set the parameter
using loopback.nloopbacks=<N> on the domain 0 kernel command line.

I'm using gentoo and I have iputils installed:
net-misc/iputils
     Latest version available: 20060512
     Latest version installed: 20060512
     Size of files: 86 kB
     Homepage:      http://www.skbuff.net/iputils/
     License:       BSD

Here is how it looks like in bash:

xentest xen # /etc/init.d/xend start
xentest xen # /etc/init.d/xend stop
xentest xen # /etc/init.d/xend status
xentest xen # /etc/init.d/xend start
xentest xen #

It doesnt show any status or verification messages

I only have one networkcard and that is eth0.

what I have in my xend config in /etc/xen:

(xend-relocation-hosts-allow '^localhost$ ^localhost\\.localdomain$')
(network-script network-bridge)
(vif-script vif-bridge)
(dom0-min-mem 196)
(dom0-cpus 0)
(vncpasswd '')

(I have made so that gentoo doesnt bring up eth0 at boot, I was told xend would do this). Xen does find the networkcards drivers so thats not the issue. Anyone with a aclue of what this might be?
Thanks in advance