RE: [Xen-users] Maximum number of interfaces in DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Maximum number of interfaces in DomU
From: Steve Brueckner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:09:15 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:08:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> No, and there is no plan to "solve" this "problem".
>>
>> Quotes around the words solve and problem mean that this is not a
>> problem at all?
>
> Can you explain what the setup is where you need this, and why you
> need more than three virtual devices? It may help forward the
> argument for a fix, but there may also be others who have the solved
> the same sort of problem within the community here, without using
> more than three interfaces.

I've been eager for this "issue" to be "addressed" (quotation marks
are used in good fun) for quite a while.  I need a domU that acts as
a router between multiple internal domUs (via vifs) and multiple
external LANs (via peths).  I've seen this question pop up on the
mailing list every 4 months or so, and I always hope to see a
new answer!

Steve Brueckner, ATC-NY