Re: Fwd: [Xen-users] mythbackend dvb cards...need some guidance...

Do you have the kernel / modules for the DVB adaptor installed in your domU?
The easiest way to get this is probably to make sure its the same kernel /
modules as the dom0 instance is using.

Did the DVB adaptor work correctly from dom0?

Can you post the dmesg output from booting the domU with the adaptor attached?
And the dmesg output from dom0?

Cheers,
Mark

On Monday 26 March 2007 14:30, Tom Bishop wrote:
>         1) The obvious question, does /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 exist on
> your
>          filesystem? (I recently worked on a myth system that make
>          /dev/dvb0.frontend0 nodes, not the ones the software was
> expecting) If
>           not, run MAKEDEV dvb and try again... (if that works look into
> udev magic
>           to make it happen next time)
>
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 does exist with the correct permissions.
>
>          2) Have you check dmesg/syslog to see if the driver is being
> loaded in
>          domU and what (if any) error messages there are?
>
> The only indication that I have is the error message when scanning,
> everything else looks good.
>
> On 3/25/07, Jac Kersing < j.kersing@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Tom Bishop wrote:
> > > scandvb /usr/share/dvb-apps/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
> > > scanning /usr/share/dvb-apps/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
> > > using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> > > main:2247: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 2 No
> >
> > such
> >
> > > file or directory
> >
> > 1) The obvious question, does /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 exist on your
> > filesystem? (I recently worked on a myth system that make
> > /dev/dvb0.frontend0 nodes, not the ones the software was expecting) If
> > not, run MAKEDEV dvb and try again... (if that works look into udev magic
> > to make it happen next time)
> >
> > 2) Have you check dmesg/syslog to see if the driver is being loaded in
> > domU and what (if any) error messages there are?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jac
> >
> > ---
> >   Jac Kersing            Technical Consultant   The-Box Development
> >   j.kersing@xxxxxxxxxxx          CISSP           http://www.the-box.com

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!