[Xen-users] FreeBSD domU

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] FreeBSD domU
From: "Mitchell Smith" <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 02:02:43 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:01:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings List,

I have recently acquired an Intel CPU with the virtualization support, and I am about to try installing FreeBSD as domU.

Our dom0 is NetBSD 4.0 beta2, though we could switch to Linux if there was reasonable justification to do so.

I just thought I'd drop a quick email to the list to see if anyone has such a setup working ... either NetBSD or Linux dom0 with FreeBSD 6.2 domU, and if so were there any big show stoppers in the setup I should watch out for?

OpenSolaris is also something I am interested in pursuing in domU, though right at this time FreeBSD is a higher priority for us.

A quick search through the list archives would indicate that people have had some difficulties with FreeBSD as domU, though a number of the posts back date to 2005 or early 2006, so I am not sure if these issues have been resolved yet.

Any comments, suggestions or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mitch