Re: [Xen-users] USB in domU - usblp: probe of 1-2:1.0 failed with error-

To: Velten Spägele <xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] USB in domU - usblp: probe of 1-2:1.0 failed with error-5
From: Velten Spägele <xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 00:14:38 +0100
Cc: "Peter M. McCaffrey" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:13:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I tried all i found, beta drivers frpm canon.jp and the turboprint pack, everytime the same error with usblp....

usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usblp: probe of 1-2:1.0 failed with error -5

any other idea ?

Velten Spägele schrieb:
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Canon_Pixma_IP4000

works fine with Kubuntu, an on Takushi Miyoshi Site are also Debian Sources given, bevor somebody would say, ubuntu is not debian....
with kubuntu i get an
       direct usb://Canon/iP4000
Device, but also a
       direct canon:/dev/lp0
and a
       direct epson:/dev/lp0

so lpinfo -v .....

But it is the only thing i can try to chance....

Thx, Velten

Peter M. McCaffrey schrieb:
This doesn't look like Xen problem. Do you have a driver for said printer on domU OS? Many Cannon printers come with drivers for MS Windows only. They sell a stand alone print server that makes their Image Runners visible on a network, but I have no idea if that box will allow any non-MS printing. (bet
not)
Regards, Peter