Re: [Xen-users] Xen Book

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 13:23 -0700, Mathew Brown wrote:

AFAIK some are being 'worked on', but I have absolutely no idea when any
of them will come to fruition.

Xen is kind of unique in nature as subsequent versions make current
versions immediately less desirable, and many things are prone to
changing in between versions in particular with HVM which is one of the
most popular uses to begin with. Even more so than you'd see with an OS
itself. "Mastering FC4" is on the shelves even though the information in
it was dated prior to it even being published because many people used
FC4 even though newer versions were available.

Xen 3.0.2 got dropped like an orphan in the snow. Prior to that 3.0,
Prior to that 2.0.7.

Documenting Xen (Period) is a challenge, old documentation still in
circulation being applied to current versions is a thorn, and new
documentation is prone to being dated every 45 days.

I suppose some things have settled down to the point where books about
Integrating Xen could be cooked up with a degree of version ambiguity
and even hinting that by the time you read this more things may be
possible.

As far as Xen 'The Bible', its still very much history in the making.

Most people are just blogging anyway, which keeps the information free,
plentiful and if your diligent, a little more current than a heavy paper
back :)

Best,
--Tim