Re: [Xen-users] Migration only works one way (seemingly dependingon mach

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Migration only works one way (seemingly dependingon machine's boot time)
From: Dominik Klein <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:14:53 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:14:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've seen this phenomenology on an earlier version of xen than
I am using today. Upgrading to 3.0.4 made things work better, but
not yet 100% reliable.

I'll try to upgrade. Not too sure about how to do that yet, but I'll see what I can find about this topic. If you have any link at hand, feel free to share it :)

Suggest you try "service xend restart" on
machine 2 before the migration and see if you get different results.

No difference at all.

FYI, the Xen developers are not yet advertising migration as a stable
feature. I.e., as a migration user you are inside their development
cycle ("helping them debug").

At least that's something this is good for ;)

Dominik