Re: [Xen-users] Effect of installing Xen on VT enabled machine

To: Artur Linhart - Linux communication <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Effect of installing Xen on VT enabled machine
From: Christian Horn <chorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:12:56 +0100
Cc: 'Praveen Kushwaha' <praveen.kushwaha@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:12:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Moin,

my experiences for exchanging windows xp installations between xen/baremetal
using an AMD with SVM:

a) installing windows in xen, booting baremetal later
I offered the whole disc to xen and installed win to a primary partition.
Pressed
F5 on installscreen, selected 'standard pc'. Created hardware-profiles. Could
not
boot up that installation on baremetal later.

b) installing windows baremetal, booting on xen later
Installed to a primary partition. Did not select 'standard pc'.  Created
hardware-profiles. Running the installation under xen later on works. Reboots of
xen do not work out properly, this is fixed when the baremetal-installation is
done pressing F5 on installscreen and 'standard pc' is selected.

At least i can keep only one win-installation on my disc that way.

Christian