[Xen-users] Mercurial Quick Start Guide Featuring Xen?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Mercurial Quick Start Guide Featuring Xen?
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:49:36 +0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 06:49:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello to all,

I've got literally hundreds of servers running various versions of Xen.
Running now is everything from 2.0.6 to 3.0.4-testing.

Some servers for various reasons need to stick to various kernels or
versions of Xen to stay happy. This is now becoming problematic since
the servers are in over 20 different facilities around the globe. By
3.0.5 , I will be drowning in kernels.

>From 2.0.6 - 3.0.4-testing is quite a few Linux kernels, and I really
want to get newer stuff into older Kernels.

I also want to look at newer API functionality in older versions.

I want to look at making 2.0.6 go away totally, making 2.0.7 the only v2
build and kernel we have. I want to look at a more modern kernel for
them too.

To make things more complex, we've modified the grand makefile for every
version to deliver us our customized install.

I know that Mercurial can help me do this and is the only sane way to go
about it. Trying to start at the end and cherry pick my way back is
going to be .. horrible otherwise. 2.0.7 for example would actually have
3 - 5 immutable versions therein as we changed quite a bit.

I found this quick start guide from when Xen moved over from BK:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/hg-cheatsheet.txt

I was never a big BK user. Usually the only time I touch a repository is
to mooch, and this guide is brief at best.

I'm looking for the fastest way to mercurial with real world examples, I
need to learn and build at the same time unfortunately. My hope is one
exists, which examples Xen :)

Thanks in advance for any help !

Best,
--Tim