[Xen-users] Does XEN support crash carts?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Does XEN support crash carts?
From: Steffen Hulegaard <shulegaa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:59:48 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 01:33:13 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     While VNC is good enough, it doesn?t work
if the NIC is down.  So is there a way to switch
amongst guest VM?s once a crash cart?s
monitor/keyboard/mouse is attached to the
video/USB/etc. ports (on the back of the physical
box running XEN)?

     For the network down (out-of-band)
emergencies, is there a way to
switch amongst domain and/or guest VM
consoles once a crash cart ?terminal? (i.e.
terminal emulator, hyperterm, etc.) is
attached to the (primary) serial port
on the back (of a physical box running XEN)?

     I see that any given VM can be configured
to map the VM console to the physical serial
port I/O ? but that would only work for one of the
VMs at a time ? right?

Thanks,

Jadean