Re: [Xen-users] dom0 freezes under high IO load - HP ML150 G2

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] dom0 freezes under high IO load - HP ML150 G2
From: Daniel Mealha Cabrita <dancab@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 05:04:42 -0300
Cc: Tom Mornini <tmornini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:49:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello Tom,

        I've made a test remotely using the guinea-pig HP (I'm at home now).
I ran the following during  ~5 minutes.

#!/bin/sh
#
while [ 1 ]; do
        cat /proc/slabinfo > /dev/null
done

Nothing happened.
I stopped the script.

A few minutes later I mounted the raid volume.
It might be a coincidence, anyways just a few seconds after that (I barely
cd'ed to the mounted directory) the machine simply locked up. It never
happened that fast before, much less before starting the stress test.

Are there any other symptoms you've noticed in your case?

--
 Daniel Mealha Cabrita
 Divisao de Suporte Tecnico