RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4 on RH EL 4.4 - can't make it boot kerne l

To: "'Petersson, Mats'" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, Omer Khalid <Omer.Khalid@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4 on RH EL 4.4 - can't make it boot kerne l
From: "Foreman, Tim" <tforeman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:53:50 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 07:53:08 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<some stuff snipped for brevity>

> > I didn't want to make the Xen kernel the default until I was
> > sure that it would boot correctly.
>
> Sensible.
> >
> > When I put the root=LABEL=/ on it I get an error:
> >
> > mkrootdev: label / not found
>
> Yes, I've had problems using "LABEL=" on my system too - and
> it's really
> not any difference - it's just easier to change the root drive if you
> use LABEL= on the kernel line.
>
> Can you post your /etc/fstab from the system you're trying to boot?

Here is the /etc/fstab:

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/                 /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=/opt              /opt                    ext2    defaults        1 2
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=/usr              /usr                    ext2    defaults        1 2
LABEL=/var1             /var                    ext2    defaults        1 2
LABEL=/var/log/IBS1     /var/log/IBS            ext2    defaults        1 2
LABEL=SWAP-hda5         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

--
Timothy W. Foreman ~ Security Administrator ~ tforeman@xxxxxxxxx
(651) 365-4181     ~ Internet Broadcasting  ~ www.ibsys.com