RE: [Xen-users] FC6 DomU creation using virt-install

To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] FC6 DomU creation using virt-install
From: "Shweta Kumari, Noida" <shwetak@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:28:37 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 02:26:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestions.

We have created an installation tree for i386 architecture in format
used by anaconda by copying the contents of disc1 under
/root/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/, then copied the contents from disc 2
- disc 5 according to the directory structure.

We then exported the install tree using nfs share.

This installation tree has been created on the same machine where we are
creating a VM using virt-manager with the following options-

a) virtual machine Name : Vm01

b) install media URL :
        nfs:10.112.69.120:/root/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/

c) What would you like to use as the disk (path)
        -Normal Disk Partition or Simple File Option

Chose Simple File Option
        -File location : /VMImage
        - File Size : 8000 MB

d) Ram required for the VM to run (Max & Min)- 256 MB

After completion of above steps the creation of image proceeds in the
same manner as the Fedora installation. The installation hasn't stuck up
but is progressing very slowly.

The CPU utilization is also quite low and network usage quite high. We
have 1GB RAM and 2666 MHz single Intel CPU.

Do you / anyone have any idea what we may be doing wrong that the
installation is progressing so slowly?

Thanks,
Shweta