[Xen-users] dom0 with nfsroot. bridge problems.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] dom0 with nfsroot. bridge problems.
From: "Chris Fanning" <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:26:31 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:25:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I am trying to run dom0 with nfsroot.
I can boot it and start xend, it doesn't crash, but the bridge doesn't
get setup properly either.
I suppose this is because eth0 needs to be brought down by the bridge
script and at the same time it needs eth0 up for the filesystem.

I've found this.
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-01/msg00338.html

"The workarounds for using nfsroot in dom0 at the moment are: a) use a
ramfs to configure the bridge; b) use a routed rather than bridged
setup."

The post is a little old I was was wondering what has happened since.

Are these still my two options?
Could someone send me some pointers on how to setup the bridge in the
initramfs scripts?
If I were to use routing, is live migration more difficult to do?

Thanks for any help.
Chris.