[Xen-users] Re: Problem with timekeeping

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Problem with timekeeping
From: Alexander Schremmer <2007a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:59:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:14:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

You wrote:

> The time in the guest is 2 minutes ahead of the host's time. The dom0 is
> synchronized via NTP and the domU has independent_wallclock=0.
> Any idea what might cause this?

Yes, adjtime() doesn't affect the time that Xen is keeping (it is used to
change the speed of the timer in order to slowly compensate for deltas).
Either you disable adjtime or do it like me - I am running a cron script
that forces the time adjustment by sending commands to chronyd.

Kind regards,
Alexander