RE: [Xen-users] What CPU with VT or PACIFICA for Xen?

To: "Jordi Segues" <jordisd.mailing@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] What CPU with VT or PACIFICA for Xen?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:52:06 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 01:51:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The "pacifica" which is now caled AMD-V is fairly easy to determine - if it
uses Socket F, Socket AM2 then it's AMD-V compatible, unless it's a Sempron
processor. Another key would be to look at the memory type, as all DDR2
processors (excluding Sempron's again) are AMD-V capable.

I'm not sure it's really my job to do this, but Intels products are specified
on http://processorfinder.intel.com - once there, you select your processor
group through the selection box, then pick a processor model and you'll find a
list of "supported features" which will list the "Virtualization technology" if
the processor supports it, and not if the processor doesn't. Of course, you'll
also have to make sure the motherboard in question is supporting VT
enable/disable, or you may end up finding that VT is automatically disabled...
:-(

--
Mats