Re: [Xen-users] DomU kernel parameters

Hi Henning

> Is your loop driver compiled in or do you use a mdoule?
> The module is not affected by the kernel params - you have to load it with
> the parameter max_loop.
It's a module: (on Dom0 and DomU)
srv-ux-0014:/etc/xen/vm # zcat /proc/config.gz | grep BLK_DEV_LOOP
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m

for dom0 "max_loop=64" works
for domU "extra = "3 TERM=xterm max_loop=64"" this does not work.

after boot I have 8 loop devices.
yalla:/dev # dir lo*
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root    0 Feb  7 10:28 log
brw-r----- 1 root disk 7, 0 Feb  7 10:28 loop0
brw-r----- 1 root disk 7, 1 Feb  7 10:28 loop1
brw-r----- 1 root disk 7, 2 Feb  7 10:28 loop2
brw-r----- 1 root disk 7, 3 Feb  7 10:28 loop3
brw-r----- 1 root disk 7, 4 Feb  7 10:28 loop4
brw-r----- 1 root disk 7, 5 Feb  7 10:28 loop5
brw-r----- 1 root disk 7, 6 Feb  7 10:28 loop6
brw-r----- 1 root disk 7, 7 Feb  7 10:28 loop7

I increase them with:
i=8; j=64; while [ $i -lt  $j ]; do mknod -m640 /dev/loop$i b 7 $i;
i=$[$i+1]; done

but still only 8 usable and after reboot there are again only 8 loops(0-7).

Why doesn't keep it the new generated loops (8-63)?

Thanks for help
Christian

Diese E-Mail wurde durch SquirrelMail versandt
   "Webmail for nuts!"