[Xen-users] Re: Binary package on Ubuntu 6.10

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 06:58:27PM +0100, Henning Sprang wrote:
> On 2/5/07, Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >On 2/5/07, Dave Frascone <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Forgot to mention:  xen-3.0.4_1-install-x86_64.tgz.
> >>
> >> /proc/cpuinfo shows: Linux version 2.6.16.33-xen (shand@endor) . . .
> >
> >What's the bitness of your dom0 userspace libraries?
> >My guess is you install 64Bit xen packages in a 32 bit userland
> >installation, but more or less only a guess.
> >
> >If so, uninstall cleanly (hehe, unpack the _source_ package and run
> >make uninstall), and try the 32 bit sen packages.
> >
> >or just use the xen package sthat come with Ubuntu 6.10.
> >Henning
>
> Couldn't wait, and looked into it:
> I think I am right - Ubuntu doesn't even have an intel 64 bit port.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

The x86_64 ("amd64") works fine on 64-bit Xeons, although it does get a bit
shirty if you run a k8 kernel on a Xeon (the -generic and -p4 kernel
variants work properly, though).

- Matt

--
Logan Shaw's Zen of ASR Computing: free yourself of the desire to have
computers work properly for this is the root of all suffering.