[Xen-users] usb in hvm domU

To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] usb in hvm domU
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 19:31:59 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:31:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,
while thinking the whole time that in hvm domUs only a pointer device
can be used as usb device, I found the section about usb stuff in the
xen manual when looking at it again.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#SECTION04344000000000000000

"USB physical devices"  sounds like I could get a random usb device in
the hvm domU, right?

The fact that hvm is here still mentioned as VT can be a sign that
this information is quite old, and outdated, but it might be worth a
try.

On the other hand, before wasting hours of precious time: did anyone
try to forward single usb ports with this configuration in recent Xen
versions, and were there successes to use it for anything else but a
mouse, for example for a usb stick or something like that?

Henning