Re: [Xen-users] Which OS is *most* supported for host os?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Which OS is *most* supported for host os?
From: Marduk <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:37:13 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 06:37:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 09:18 -0500, David Frascone wrote:
> I'm about to re-install linux onto my 64bit xeon machine.  Which distro
> would have the best chance of having things work out-of-the-box, as a
> xen host?
>
> I'm usually a Suse & Ubuntu fan . . .

If you mean commercial support then it would probably be SLES as, AFAIK,
it's the only commercially supported distro that ships with Xen (with
RHEL shipping in the near future).

If you mean hardware support (i.e. with your particular hardware) then I
have no idea, you'd have to check the distro's HCLs.  But if you really
want to be 100% absolutely sure that your hardware will be supported
then I'd go for a roll-your-own kinda distro like Gentoo.

And then my third answer would be if you know SUSE or Ubuntu pretty well
then you probably wouldn't have too much trouble getting Xen to work
with them even if they don't work out-of-the-box.

--
raise SystemExit