RE: [Xen-users] Linux software RAID1 (Dom0 or domU)?

To: "Marduk" <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Linux software RAID1 (Dom0 or domU)?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:38:47 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 07:39:01 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would have thought that the performance penalty for software raid
would be about equal - however, there is a difference between loading
Dom0 and DomU if you have more than one guest-domain - Dom0 will be used
by all domains, so any extra load on Dom0 will affect all domains,
whilst extra load in DomU only affects that DomU. Particulary, latency
for each domain will be higher if Dom0 is handling the raid.

That's my thoughts on the subject, and be aware that I've never run
software raid on any system ever!

--
Mats