[Xen-users] cannot create partition from and for domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] cannot create partition from and for domU
From: Rakotomandimby Mihamina <mihamina.rakotomandimby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 02:53:32 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:53:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I run _full virtualization_, on Xen3.0.3, Debian (not openSuse this time).
I try to install a Debian netinst.
A problem occurs when (the domU is) trying to create the partitions on wich
it's going to install.
The domU configuration is
        [...]
        disk=['phy:/dev/sda6,ioemu:hda,w','file:/home/temp/dn.iso,hdc:cdrom,r']
        [...]
The /dev/sda6 was in the past an ext3 partition and I just reformat it to ext3
before using it for the full virtualization.
In the debian netinst domU installation stage of creating partitions (whatever
partition scheme I order) it (the Debian installer) _always_ fails saying
ext3 partition creation failed. Nothing more.
Is there a known issue about that? Must I use file-partitions?

Thank you for any answers.