[Xen-users] domU freeze x or crashes the dom0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] domU freeze x or crashes the dom0
From: Jörg Becker <news@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:18:09 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 01:57:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

after many tries with different parameter settings and googles I'm quite
helpless. I'm using xen 3.0.3 with a 2.6.18 kernel (from debian etch) on a
core2 duo machine. With the following configuration I created a domU for
WindowsXP

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 512
shadow_memory = 8
name = "WinXP"
vcpus=1
acpi=0
apic=0
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk =
[ 'file:/home/joerg/xen/images/WinXP_C.img,ioemu:hda,w',
'phy:/dev/scd0,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
device_model = '/usr/lib64/xen-3.0.3-1/bin/qemu-dm'
boot="dc"
sdl=0
vnc=1
stdvga=0
serial='pty'
usb=1
usbdevice='tablet'

I could instal WindowsXP on this domU, but whenever I use it, both with sdl
and vnc, everything looks fine, but after arbitrary time (mostly less then
1/2 h), I get paint errors in my dom0 and then I know it tooks only a very
short time until the xserver on dom0 freezes and I have to reboot my dom0 or
the dom0 reboots itself.

Any suggestens how to get a stable system?

Jörg