RE: [Xen-users] Can't add a user to Xen 3.0.3 VM !

To: "Omer Khalid" <Omer.Khalid@xxxxxxx>, "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>, "Christopher G. Stach II" <cgs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Can't add a user to Xen 3.0.3 VM !
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:03:20 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:03:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let me guess: You have selinux on your machine? If that's the case, you
need to use the "approved" method of adding users. Again, nothing to do
with Xen.

--
Mats

> ==
>
> When I execute " pwconv", I get the following error:
>
> [root@CTB home]# pwconv
> pwconv: can't update shadow file
>
> Christopher, I did't what you meant regarding "vipw', and
> then "cp -a /etc/skel/..".. could you explain?

vipw is a special script/application that essentially does "vi passwd".
Not sure what the purpose of the copying of /etc/skel is supposed to do.

--
Mats