Re: [Xen-users] Has anyone installed from an XP Pro "upgrade" disk

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Has anyone installed from an XP Pro "upgrade" disk
From: Ryan Worsley <R.C.Worsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:46:51 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:46:44 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I might be way off topic here, but from my experience you can boot and install off the XP upgrade disk and do a clean install. At some point it will ask you to eject the XP cd and insert your 98 CD to prove you own a previous version. I believe you can do this with from other posts I have seen. You don't actually need to use the win98 cd for anything else. No actual upgrading has to occur. It's a license thing.

Apologies if this isn't what you're all talking about.

Ryan.