[Xen-users] peth0: received packet with own address as source address

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] peth0: received packet with own address as source address
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 04:45:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:44:54 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I saw other messages in the archive about this, but no solution.

On some Debian machines, I also experience dmesg and conole filled
with these messages:
peth0: received packet with own address as source address

It happens with Debian packages, and with Xen built from sources.
As well with completely unchanged network scripts and with slightle
changed ones because I use two bridges on one machine.

But no bonding or other technique involved, as I read in the others
posts about that.
I experience no further problems, just these messages, so they might
not be harmful, just ugly.

The only problem I saw on one of these machine was not getting AOE
devices correctly from dom0 to domU, while the same aoe device could
be seen on another machine in the same physical LAN (in fact, even on
another dom0 when using the same Xen version, and even on another domU
on this other, remote dom0!)  No Idea if these are connected, it might
be another thread...

Henning

--
Henning Sprang -