Re: [Xen-users] Domain management GUI for RHEL 4

To: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Domain management GUI for RHEL 4
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:59:15 +0000
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:59:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Henning Sprang wrote:
On 1/15/07, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
Does anyone know of another good GUI for RHEL 4.4?

What exactly do you want the GUI to do?
Simple domain state reporting, including for shutdown domains.

Simple domain creation, shutdown, and pause options for those domains.

Simple reporting of domains that are not active but have saved files and would be better restarted with the "restore" option.

Tools to at least select and assign assign partitions or file-system images, if not actually to create them.

I can imagine that most advaced tools need newer python and whatever
packages. Did you look at enomalism?
To me it looks good, but I never got it to work (but I didn't try
fedora/redhat).

If you're not absolutely forced to have a gui for domain
creation/install, you might try xen-tools, and you might look at argo
as well.
I think with argo(or: with an gui client for argo, as argo is just a
remote protocol), you even have gui for xen-tools.
And even if targeted more at debian, I uses xen-tools successfully on
Fedora and SuSE, so redhat should work, also.
I'll take a look at them, thanks for the pointers.