Re: [Xen-users] running netbsd domU on Debian Sarge dom0 - xen 3.03

To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] running netbsd domU on Debian Sarge dom0 - xen 3.03
From: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 02:55:43 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, grel <grelamen@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:55:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>  - a PAE guest on a non-PAE host
>  - a non-PAE guest on a PAE host
>  - a 64-bit guest on 32-bit host (or vica-verca)
>  - a non-Xen kernel altogether

Hmm, I also saw messages about problems with these somewhere - maybe in
the logfile, or maybe the Debian packagers changed something so these
errors make it to the user. Not sure, but somewhere I saw that.

I also remember vaguely that I couldn't run the NetBSD DomU image (don't
remember which one exactly) on some distribution because it has only a
pae enabled xen. I think Fedora was that - please correct me if I'm
wrong, Dan, you know it better I think :)

Which Xen packages do you use on Debian Sarge? I think at least on Etch
there are package for PAE as well as non-PAE available.
If you must run PAE, you need to ask the NetBSD maintainers if they can
provide a PAE DomU image...

> As of xen 3.0.4 you should see a description of the real problem rather
> than this generic error message :-)

I love user-readable error messages, even it is much less hackish then :)

Henning