[Xen-users] Installing Xen

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Installing Xen
From: "Formoso, Travis" <Travis.Formoso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:35:18 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:35:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone,

New to the mailing list and my first questions.

I am trying to set up Xen and having a tough time. I have Fedora Core 6 setup and installing a xen machine. Installing the Xen Kernel went well however when I try to install through virt-install I get this error message.

Code:

Starting install...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 447, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 411, in main
    dom = guest.start_install (conscb)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/ParaVirtGuest.py", line 202, in start_install
    return XenGuest.XenGuest.start_install(self, consolecb)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/XenGuest.py", line 363, in start_install
    self._create_devices()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/XenGuest.py", line 277, in _create_devices
    disk.setup()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/XenGuest.py", line 95, in setup
    os.lseek(fd, off, 0)
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

On the otherhand when I install through virt-manager – it gets to the fedora core setup, however it stops at certain points in the install.

I am running a old box – p3 256 mb of ram- however I set the dom-0 min memory to 64 and have Domain-0 memory at 100 and run the virt xen at 128 when installing. I am installing from my own nfs server which is mounted and working properly.

Either way – I need help getting this installed – thanks!

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of Blue Slate Solutions and the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.