RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 + Windows = Hard Disk not detected andneed dri

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 + Windows = Hard Disk not detected andneed drivers.
From: "Larry N. Stevens" <lstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:54:49 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:55:24 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tim was right in that I needed to be more descriptive.  I was just
frustrated when I first posted this so I'll start from the beginning.

This server has the AIC-7902W U320 "Host Raid" SCSI Controller in them.  We
installed with CentOS 4.4 which has a driver for this and then downloaded
the source code when we found that this "pre-compiled" driver wouldn't work
with Xen.  As the source code did not seem to contain the A320 Host Raid
driver we then disabled Host Raid and used the drives separately.

Currently the install Xen 3.0.3 on CentOS 4.4 x86_64 using Kernel 2.6.19.29
Kernel.

The config file I am using at the moment is below:
import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
    arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
    arch_libdir = 'lib'
name= "VM07"
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder = 'hvm'
memory = 1000
shadow_memory = 8
vcpus = 3
#acpi=1
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VolGroup00/VM07,ioemu:sda1,w',
'file:/isos/WINDOWS_2003_STANDARD_64.ISO,hdc:cdrom,r']
device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
sdl=1
vnc=0
vncviewer=0
ne2000=0
boot='d'

So far I have tried both 32 Bit and 64 Bit Windows Standard Server 2003.

Using this config above I can get the 32 Bit windows to boot and get past
starting windows, but then it fails locate a driver.

I've tried F6, but can't seem to get that to function at startup.  Aside
from that when using a file:/location,fda(tried various here):floppy,w
command I get a blue screen.  I've also tried floppy = 'locationoffile' to
also receive a blue screen.

Both blue screens happen after the "Starting Windows" message and I still
fail to get the "choose driver" screen.

I then tried changing to use "hda" and this failed.  On 32 bit I tend to get
a blue screen or a hang at "Starting Windows" on 64 Bit I get a hang at
"Starting Windows".

The original attempt on 64 Bit with the sda1 resulted in a hang at "Starting
Windows".

I'm at a loss here.

Also, in order to boot 64 bit the APCI line is uncommented.

Thanks,
Larry