[Xen-users] PCI forwarding and shared IRQ's

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] PCI forwarding and shared IRQ's
From: Adam Seering <aseering@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:52:42 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 10:52:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
I'm trying to share a USB PCI card with a domU. The USB card uses IRQ's 18, 19, 20, and 21 (it has three USB 1.1 controllers and a USB 2.0 controller onboard); my SATA controller, for my hard disks, uses IRQ 18. A few minutes after I start the domU (sharing the USB card), the SATA controller chokes, the kernel starts spewing out nasty error messages about "disabling IRQ 18", and anything using any drive on that controller stops responding; this basically causes my whole system to hang.

        This doesn't happen if I'm using the USB card in dom0.

Is this a known problem? Any suggested workarounds? If the problem is in fact with the shared IRQ; is there a way under Linux to re- assign a device's IRQ? (I don't see a direct way to do that in my BIOS.)

Thanks,
Adam