[Xen-users] Windows HVM localtime=1 not working

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows HVM localtime=1 not working
From: "Adam Tybor" <adam.tybor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:40:42 -0600
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:40:35 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have two windows 2003 servers acting as domain controllers.  I am
trying to get them to boot using localtime instead of utc.

I have set the paramater localtime=1 in the config file and I can see
the -localtime paramter being passed during creation of the guest in
log files.  However the guest still comes up with UTC time.

This is causing errors within my active directory because w32time does
not sync the clock until late in the boot process.  Because of the
clock differences a bunch of AD and kerberos stuff fails as kerberos
requires a time sync when its trying to create the ticket.

Would one recommendation be to try setting my hardware clock to local
instead of utc and running localtime within dom0?  What does this do
to xen?

Thanks,

Adam