Re: [Xen-users] CIM @ LINUX(XEN) (FC6 or SuSE 10)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] CIM @ LINUX(XEN) (FC6 or SuSE 10)
From: "Christopher G. Stach II" <cgs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:32:35 -0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 06:32:47 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
anant wrote:
> Thanks for reply, i guess the link that you gave me could be of some help as
> that presentation includes many link for tutorials and all, ill go through
> it.
> I didnt realized that it could be confusing to guess what is CIM..so for
> those who are not sure what CIM is ->
>
> CIM = Common information model.
> Like for windows OS there is CIM-WMI (Common Information Model- Windows
> Management Instrumentation) which retrieves information from the hard drive.
> But i am not sure if there is something like this for linux.
> After lot of research i could find out one site i.e.
> http://www.openpegasus.org/
> But there is a download option but i couldnt find anything to download. If
> any one knows about CIM, and from where can i download then pls do share
> your knowledge.
> Thanks

No.  Neither Compuserve CIM 2.x nor 3.x are supported on Xen. :P

Anyway, if you want something Xen-specific incorporated into the CIM
schema, you'll need to talk to the DMTF.  As for any other apps on Linux
that have nothing to do with Xen: wrong mailing list.

--
Christopher G. Stach II