[Xen-users] XEN 64 bit and i386 problems with Edgy

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XEN 64 bit and i386 problems with Edgy
From: Daniel Haensse <daniel.haensse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:20:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:20:41 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear list,
I'm playing around with Ubuntu 6.10 server trying to get XEN working.
First tried the AMD64 release, but with no luck, got a kernel bug
mm/rmap.c:560,
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-bugs/2006-09/msg00019.html

I also tried i386 with some more luck according to
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XenVirtualMachine/XenOnUbuntuEdgy
Everything works with until a second domU is started which crashed dom0 :-(
I read that with xen 3.03 at least the AMD64 problem is fixed. Read
somewhere that with ubuntu 6.10, these packages based on xen 3.03 are
already available. apt-cache search only shows xen3.0 based packages, as
described in the ubuntu documentation. Maybe I have to modify my apt
source-list for this?

any hints

regards Dani