Re: [Xen-users] communication between guest OSes n host OS over FC6 with

To: anant <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] communication between guest OSes n host OS over FC6 with xen
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:55:37 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 03:55:56 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 02:29 -0800, anant wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a question that how does communication works between guest OS and
> host OS over XEN. I mean when i check the hard ware config. over guest OS,
> it shows only the size of that VM and all.
> But i want to know is it possible to view the hard drive info(like used
> space, left space and etc) of host OS through Guest OS. And similarly of
> guest OS through Host OS?
> Basically how does WMI works on both ?
> Thanks

You'll need to use something like snmp, or (preferably) something
lighter if you want to poll and refresh frequently.

Part of the beauty of Xen is that each guest is oblivious to other
guests, including the guest with privileges to query the hypervisor for
the limited statistics available (dom-0).

I found that using Lighttpd + ssl on an odd port displaying the output
of something like this :

http://dev1.netkinetics.net/xmlpulse/

is rather effective, and very easy to parse into any kind of graphical
display.

If you give me a few more weeks, I'll have the info that you see in
xentop also included in that feed.. I'm just playing around with the
best way to structure the xml and switches to "shape" what is displayed
and how.

Best,
-Tim