Re: [Xen-users] Unable to deploy a VM on xen 3.0.3

To: Omer Khalid <Omer.Khalid@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Unable to deploy a VM on xen 3.0.3
From: Xen Help <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:28:38 -0600
Cc: tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:29:36 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Omer Khalid wrote:

Make sure when you try to start it that your LV are not already mounted as you seem to say in your notes.
Xen by default cannot export mounted device as far as I know.

++
Thankyou for point it out Tim but I made that change earlier, upon the advice of Zhang, but it still did't work.

Don't be frightened with the word **Nuclear** in CERN's name!

Cheers
OMER

On 12/14/06, *Tim Post* <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 11:45 +0100, Omer Khalid wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to launch a VM with xen 3.0.3 but it complains about
    > "Device sda is already connected".  I have already mounted my
    > distribution image in the LVM partition /dev/vg1/domSLC4OldRoot and
    > there is a swap partition for that as well.
    >
    > I have also included the xen configuration file!
    >
    > Any ideas? Many thanks

    You may want to re-examine this line of your configuration :

    > disk =
    > ['phy:vg1/domSLC4OldRoot,sda,w','phy:vg1/domSLC4OldSwap,sda,w' ]

    You can't swap to the root file system, nor can one vbd magically
    become
    two.

    Make the root fs sda1, swap sdb1, or something similar.

    > CERN – European Organization for Nuclear Research

    Now *that* ***really*** frightens me :)

    Best,
    -Tim

CERN – European Organization for Nuclear Research
Information Technology Department
CH-1211 Geneva 23

Phone: +41 (0) 22 767 7996
Fax:     +41 (0) 22 767 4900
E-mail : Omer.Khalid@xxxxxxx <mailto:Omer.Khalid@xxxxxxx>
Homepage: http://cern.ch/Omer.Khalid

Virtual Space International Inc.
Steven Dugway USA 206-734-HOST Canada 514-939-HOST (4678) ext 5