RE: [Xen-users] Zombie VMs cannot be destroyed

To: tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Froh" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Zombie VMs cannot be destroyed
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:52:47 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 06:53:08 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HVM domains will not react (correctly) to "xm shutdown" as far as I know
- at least this was the case a while back. I presume it's possible to
simulate that the power-button was pressed through ACPI handling, but I
have no idea if this is implemented or not. If it's not, then "xm
shutdown" will not shut down the domain (correctly), as the xm commands
can't really talk to the guest-OS itself. In PV domains, there's a
signal from Xen to the guest-domain to say "go shut yourself down,
pretty please".

[snip]

--
Mats