Re: [Xen-users] DomU creation error. vif could not be connected.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DomU creation error. vif could not be connected.
From: Morten Christensen <mc-xen@xxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 10:48:24 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 01:48:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zahid Anwar skrev den 26-11-2006 00:39:
Hi all,

I am a Xen newbie and having trouble starting DomU. After successfully compiling the Dom0 kernel and booting into it and running "xend start", I get the following error when I run "xm create -c /etc/xen/vm01- config.sxp"

Using config file "/etc/xen/vm01-config.sxp".
Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

I think this error-message covers a lot of different problems.

In my case, the system missed brctl, because I had forgotten to install the bridge-utils package.

--
Morten Christensen