Re: [Xen-users] Time/clock issues with Xen 3.0.3?

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 10:58 +0000, Chad Oleary wrote:
> ntp is to correct drift. It was not designed be the clock itself.

> If the. clock doesn't keep proper time, do you add more clocks to keep it
> correct?

> No, you fix the clock.

Sometimes you can't ... and when you need to keep a cluster of machines
in step with each other its very practical. ULV (Ultra low voltage)
machines typically suffer from shotty clocks, Especially PII / Pentium
Pro based boards.

The comparison is quite relevant because resource usage on (very) small
guests was voiced as a concern. Very small guests with jittery clocks
are very much like ULV biscuits.

> Ntp has it's place. But, it doesn't work well with a broken clock

> Throwing ntp at this is inappropriate.

Its very appropriate since its drift we're correcting.

Best,
-Tim