Re: [Xen-users] Cannot start xend

To: pakt sardines <paktsardines@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Cannot start xend
From: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:18:21 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:18:36 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pakt sardines wrote:

> After reading similar posts on this, I upgraded python to 2.5 (from 2.3)
> but the problem continues.

Strange error, Are you sure you cleanly uninstalled the old version?
Here, with python 2.4 everything works quite nice.

> Could someone please advise on how to resolve this?  (... and not
> include the words 'install from source'  :)

Actually, the source package seem to be the only ones provided by
xensource to include an "uninstall" target :)

But you don't need to install from source, you just use the src package
matching your binary package and only run make uninstall there.

No better idea how this can be achieved.

Henning